Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 7 to 8, 2009

Someone knocked on the door of the rig Sunday night during the football game. It turns out I won some of the pool from having the right score after the completion of the third quarter of the Arizona/Minnesota game. That was great. I haven't won anything for a long time.

Woke up bright and early on Monday, as usual. Of course it wasn't 'bright' but it was early. The rain that had been forecast was obviously on its way. By 10:00 in the morning it started to rain off and on, and the wind picked up as the afternoon progressed. It didn't stop people including me) from turning out for the ice cream social on the patio at the clubhouse :-)

I was invited out for supper with Terry and Tina Monday evening. We had a great meal and enjoyed a fun evening playing cribbage. Terry was happy to have a new player as Tina had been trouncing him lately and he needed somebody new to change the dynamics. It seemed to work as he won more than his fair share of the games. As I was heading home I noticed that people were putting their lawn chairs away and storing awnings, etc. I had already done that. When I went to bed I could hear and feel the rear bedroom slide awning flapping around. Not wanting to take a chance on damaging the awning I put one of the rear slides in. It cured the problem with the awning and also greatly diminished the sound so I had no trouble getting to sleep after that. It was a pretty wicked storm; we lost power at the park at midnight and didn't get it back til early morning.

By the time I got up this morning, about 7:00, the wind and rain had stopped and the sun was shining as though it had been out there all along! It was cool but with the sun out it's much easier to take.

We played golf this afternoon and the course was in pretty good shape; the ground was damp in parts which changed the game somewhat but there was no standing water. Afterwards I went out for dinner with Art and Linda to celebrate Art's 69th birthday. He liked the chinese restaurant we went to last week so we decided to try it again. No complaints all around. We did manage to limit ourselves to one plate of food this time :-)

After I got home it was time to get out my dart set and head for the dart game that starts at 6:00 every Tuesday. That was fun and then it was time to relax, finally, back at the rig and watch a little TV (So You Think You Can Dance). Did a little channel surfing and watched the Ottawa Senators lose to the Montreal Canadiens (Hockey).

No comments: