Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 3 to 5, 2009

I guess I'm losing track of the days. I thought it had only been two days since my last posting. Guess not :-)
The weather has been slowly changing to cooler and cloudy. Today I'm not even sure if it hit 60 F. Rain (showers) is expected by Monday.
Some people at the Resort built a float and entered it for the Christmas Parade. Apparently they won a prize for their efforts. I took the picture below as they were getting people into the float. With all the people going to the parade I didn't expect many people to attend happy hour this week but it was well attended. As usual I had a chance to meet some new people. Some of the people that stay here like to reserve tables for friends but Lise and I both prefer to just sit wherever there's room. It is a great way to meet people and find out what their stories are. It is always interesting.


Art and I went out looking for RV parts for his bus yesterday. The Garmin GPS I have is a great help for getting around a city that's not too familiar. We were able to find the places he wanted to visit and we came away with what he was looking for (his wallet was $500 lighter though). Of course we had started out in the morning and by the time we were done it was lunch time. We found a Paradise Bakery, again using the GPS, and had a quick meal before heading back home.

The Resort put on a French Toast breakfast this morning, which I attended, of course :-) Later on I went to the golf course to see if I could get on by myself for some twilight golf. As it turned out the course was not busy at all and I was able to play 9 holes. My game was quite a bit better than the other day so I'm all smiles again. Hopefully I can do as well during our team play next week.


No comments: