Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 1 to 2, 2009

Tuesday, December 1: I attended the Tuesday meeting to see what was on the agenda for this month. Busy as usual - or at least, as busy as you want to be. There are Christmas type of activities this month that I'd really like to see - festival of boat lights in Tempe, the christmas lights and festivities of the Mormon Church, and others. Perhaps when Lise gets back we can take in some of those.
The main thing on Tuesday is golf. I had been golfing late last week and spent some time on the range on Sunday trying to improve my game. I felt I had made some gains and was anxious to try out my game on the course. I think I should have lowered my expectations. People always say - a good result on the range doesn't always translate to the course. I guess I'm the proof of that. Oh well, I always go back. I really love the game and I'll keep trying!
I didn't go to darts in the evening as my friends Art and Linda invited me out for dinner and we went to a chinese buffet type restaurant. Love it. I wouldn't want to go too often but once in a while is fine.

Wednesday, December 2: It was a little cool this morning but the sun was shining so it looked to be a great day for a hike. Terry is now managing the hikes and he had a nice easy hike of about 4 miles in the Hackaberry Trail area. There was a good turnout - 13 people, and the weather warmed up just fine - it always helps when there are no clouds in the sky and the wind is calm:-)
I decided to attend the dinner and dance that had been arranged in the park tonight. It was a 60s theme so there were a few people with no shame reliving their versions of what they thought the 60s looked like. I captured a few of the celebrants!
a look back at the terrain we travelled through today
today's group - and a few friends from last year joined us















Some of these folks would definitely be able to remember the 60s












Mike and Grandpa (the magician)
Jim and Shirley

No comments: