Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6, 2009

I managed to sleep in 'til 7:30 this morning. I had decided to be good and eat breakfast at home - save some money. But, wouldn't you know it, no cereal in the house. So, it was off to Village Inn for b and e.
I did a little 'house cleaning' before lunch and managed to make a big dent in my latest novel. I've been rereading the Terry Goodkind sci-fi/fantasy saga. I'm now on the last book. Reading the story over again has made me realize how much repitition and padding the author puts in the story. I get impatient with all the exterraneous material and usually jump ahead to the action sequences. The Sword of Truth series has eleven volumes. If you took out all the repitition it could have been condensed into six or seven novels. Oh well, I suppose it helps keep the story fresh in your mind.

This afternoon was the street party in the park, prior to the Minnesota Vikings vs Arizona Cardinals football game on the big screen in the clubhouse. The party was great with a real good turnout. The temperature was only 58*F but nobody looked too cold. Of course we all had long pants, sweaters and coats on :-). Unfortunately Mediacom, which provides phone, tv and internet services here, has been having trouble with their service today and it doesn't look like we'll be able to watch the game. Someone has one of those portable Cube satellite internet systems and they're going to try to hook it up to the big tv so we may get the game in yet. It'd be a shame if it doesn't happen as the afternoon get together was such a success. I have satellite tv service in my rig so I can get the game but I can't get 50 to 80 people in here! Hopefully it will still come together.

No comments: