Monday, November 9, 2009

November 7 and 8, 2009

I can't say much about Saturday. We did go to the omelette breakfast at the Resort. They do such a great job with it and there are always a lot of volunteers cooking and serving and cleaning up after. The cost was only $4.00 each and included omelette (6 volunteer chefs cooking) cooked with your preferred ingredients plus hash browns, sausages, orange juice and coffee. Not bad, eh?

Later in the day we visited with Art and Linda in their bus for a while and then retired back to our Resort and our rig to indulge in a bit of reading (outside on the patio, of course). I'll have to take a picture of our site so you can all see what our setup is like.

On Sunday we picked up Art and Linda and headed out for a 'preview hike' of the hike I have planned for Wednesday. I needed to make sure that I wasn't going to get our hiking group lost on my first hike :-) We didn't do the whole hike, just the first part that goes up and down through gullies and washes; it's that part which would be easy to be diverted and end up 'lost'. Anyway, it went fine and I got a couple of pictures of Art and Linda for our friends in the Yukon.
All decked out in hiking gear.
We've got that saguaro surrounded:)
It's great to finally be out on the trails!









No comments: