Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 22 to 25, 2009

We've had some fairly windy days lately, possible bringing in colder weather from the north. But not for a few days yet :)

I drove Lise to the airport yesterday morning. She's going to Ottawa to be with our daughter and her family for the birth. She left at 8:30 in the morning and will be gone for three weeks. It's going to be lonely around here. Even though I had golf and darts yesterday I could already see how different it was to not have her around. It really does change the dynamics of your life.

Today I led a hike up Pass Mountain. It was 2 miles each way and was a pretty steady climb all the way to the pass. There was a good turnout and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Note all the smiles in the photo below. These pictures are partly to document the hike and partly to show the beautiful views - and partly to show Lise what she's missing :).

easy trail to follow
Our group posing under the pass
What a beautiful spot!
During the afternoon I had some work done on the brakes on our Saturn. Afterwards my friend Art and I went to another motorcycle shop in support of his desire to find an old Harley to refurbish. I think today was a reality check as he now has a good idea how much it is likely to cost to take this project on. Nowadays old Harleys are hard to find and if found are picked up pretty quick by collectors. Oh well, we had a good time. I'm sure he'll think of something else to fill his time with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On the one hand I am jealous, but on the other hand, YOU are missing out on your new grandson. He is so cute and the spitting image of his big brother Liam.

So there! ;-p

Cross Country Adventures said...

I guess I'm on the losing end of this one. Hope I'm going to get pictures soon.

D