Friday, November 27, 2009

November 26 to 27, 2009

Two hot days in a row. 82 F yesterday and 80 F today. I sat near the phone yesterday morning waiting for news on the baby. I hadn't heard anything so I called Lise in Ottawa and she hadn't heard either. But she did call back a few minutes later with the good news. We now have a new grandson, weighing in at 8 lbs. His name is Kaelan. I'm still waiting for pictures.

I went to the Thanksgiving Dinner laid out by the RV Park. As usual it was a grand feast; our chefs had proper chef hats and jackets and looked very professional. The meal was supplemented by dishes brought in by the rvers. I brought a pecan pie that I had baked at the Village Inn :-)
our venerable leader - George
some of the group enjoying the dinner
Today I tried to get away early on my bike ride to avoid the heat. It is Black Friday here and the highways were very quiet. There was hardly anyone heading to work as far as I could see. I took our usual ride through Tempe and Scottsdale, 14.5 miles each way. I think I overdid it somewhat as I was totally beat by the time I hit the 24 mile mark. I managed to limp back to the car and headed back home. As soon as I arrived back at the RV I headed straight to the back for a quick half hour nap. That helped :-)

a view from where we usually start our bike rides - the hill in the background is popular for hiking by the local university students; Arizona State University is nearby. Commercial airlines arriving and departing Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix always fly right overhead and can't be more than a few hundred feet over the hill, particularly on their approach.

2 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Congratulations on the new baby!

Cross Country Adventures said...

Thanks Sandra
Just got a picture. He's cute! I'll have to see if I can post it.
David