Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 19 to 21, 2009

We've had a couple of quiet days since our last post. I did put in 9 holes of golf on Thursday morning with my friend Art. It was one of my better golf days so was feeling pretty good about myself :-) On the way back to the park Art asked if I wanted to go look at some motorcycles at the motorcycle graveyard up towards Payson. It was a good hour outside of Apache Junction; it was a very scenic route, the same way Lise and I first came into Apache Junction two years ago. This time I got to look around a bit more since I wasn't the driver. You'd have to be a pretty serious mechanic to get some of those motorcycles back into working shape, even if you were able to find all the necessary parts. Not my cup of tea but no sweat for Art. He didn't find anything there so I'm sure he'll be looking around elsewhere to see if there is a motorcycle project he can get his hands on.

Lise and I went to our first happy hour on Friday. We met a couple of new people and got to know some others we hadn't really had an opportunity to sit down with yet. One couple works for a travelling circus setting up venues around the US so get lots of opportunity to see the whole country. What a gig!

This year the park isn't getting involved with recycling like they did last year. So today we carted our recycling materials over to bins in the Apache Junction Administration Building parking lot. It's hard to just stop recycling and throw everything out. I think we've been conditioned too well :-)

I wish now I had brought my camera to take a picture of the motorcycle graveyard. Oh well, you're not really missing anything - it's not exactly a memory you'd want to carry with you for long. ps. weather is still great - 75 F pretty well every day!

2 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Yes, when our local recycling bin was removed so that the school could remodel, I just took it all to the next town. Old habits die hard. It would bring a very guilty feeling to chuck it all in a dumpster!
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Cross Country Adventures said...

I bet there's lots of stories like ours. Just doing our bit to try to take care of the planet we live on. It's the only one we've got (so far).

Dave