Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4, 2009

We woke up to a very cold morning yesterday, in Gallup, NM. I don't know the temperature but there was ice on most of the vehicle windshields in the park. During the night our heat pump was working a bit and in the early morning it was making a funny sound so I turned it off. I tried to turn on the propane furnace for the living room and it wasn't working either, although the one in the bedroom worked. Now what!:-) Anyway I checked out the furnace in the morning and found a wire had come loose. Once that was determined we were back to the races. And today, Wednesday, I was able to confirm that the heat pump/air conditioner was working again. So one more problem resolved. I like these easy fixes. The heat pump was probably trying to cycle down to propane which it does when it is too cold to work efficiently, and that's the wierd sound I heard.

We decided to head straight to Flagstaff on I-40 and then down I-17 to Phoenix; we were going to take another route through Show Low and Payson but decided this route would probably be faster and less work for the RV. We were right. We arrived at the Flying J in Phoenix at 3:00 and hung out there for a couple of hours, after gassing up and filling our propane tank. We wanted to arrive at Meridian RV Park late enough that we could just park in their entryway and pull into our site on Wednesday, which is just what we did.

The weather here has been great - I think it hit about 98 F yesterday and probably in the mid 90s today. Great!! It was worth getting here a day earlier after all.
Entering AZ on the I-40

a few different modes of transportation

seems a little smokey from forest fires; south of Flagstaff

brief stop at overlook near Sedona turnoff

2 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Oh wow-98F, bring out the shorts! It was just at freezing when I went for my morning walk here in Ottawa.

Cross Country Adventures said...

Yes it was great to finally hit the warm weather. We noticed while reading your blog that it has gotten decidedly cold up there. Sorry to hear about your 'problem'. Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you.