Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2, 2009

Today we decided to push on a little further than usual. Rather than taking another 4 days to get to Phoenix we've cut it down to two. So after putting in 421 miles today we have arrived at USA RV Park in Gallop, New Mexico. It is just 16 miles from the Arizona border so we'll be able to drive straight through to Apache Junction tomorrow. The plan is to go as far as Holbrook on I-40 and then south to Show Low, west to Payson and then a southerly run into the Phoenix area.

The weather was the same as yesterday - that's what we heard for most of last winter "today is sunny and warm":)

It felt good to put on the extra few miles. We have been talking about that for the last week now and next year we'll try to make the trip in 6 or 7 days rather than the 11 to 12 that we're doing now. It will also buy us more usable time to plan special trips at either end, such as going back to Utah again, but this time for a week.
Here are a couple of pictures from today's trip.

Our satellite dish is not working properly today so we had to hook into the campground wi-fi which was available for free, thank goodness. Now after posting this blog perhaps I can find out how my Yankees are doing. I never thought I'd hear myself saying that! But they are in the AL East so I at least have to root for that don't I?

No comments: