Saturday, January 10, 2009

We hit the trail and the driving range.

David and I left home around 10 this morning and headed for Superstition Mountain. It's only about a 10-minute drive from here. We were going hiking... just the two of us. We drove up Apache Trail Road to get to the Crosscut trail head parking lot. It was sunny but there was a very cool wind this morning. The temperature was only around 53F (12C). We took it easy as I'm still coughing my fool head off. The trail starts out easy and is pretty much level for the first mile. Then over the next mile, the elevation constantly increases. Once you are at the two-mile point, you have a choice of taking another trail which cuts across the desert in a different direction or stay on the loop we are on which will take us back to where the car is parked. And that's what we did. So the total distance for this hike was 3.6 miles. It was a good way to get back into hiking before we join our regular Wednesday hiking group next week.
The Trailhead..
It's always a great view from wherever we are..

On the Treasure Loop trail.

We were back home around 1 o'clock and ate lunch. David asked if I felt like going to the driving range so I could try out the new clubs. We are supposed to go golfing with Jim and Linda on Sunday so I should get familiar with the clubs before I get on a golf course. I'm glad he suggested it because it was a good idea. After a few practice shots, the clubs felt really comfortable. I'm not saying I will golf better but they did feel very nice. It's a shame to get that shiny chrome all scratched up though.

After we got home, we sat outside for a while but the wind was still cool. So we went in and watched some curling on TV. After supper, I spent a few hours on the computer catching up on my banking stuff and my blog while David watched TV. Life is good!

1 comment:

Trent and Teresa said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas with your family. Welcome back....hope your cough goes away quickly. We heard that BC had snow and cold for the holidays....I'm sure that had something to do with your health. Now, get back on your feet, so you can break in those new golf clubs ASAP. Take care, Trent & Teresa