Friday, January 9, 2009

New golf clubs and golf cart.

David has been trying to get me to buy a new set of golf clubs for the past six months or so. The set I have is a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law which was good enough for me. Anyway, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to get into golf and I didn't want to spend money for nothing. Well today I let him talk me into it. Around mid-morning, we went to the Kokabelli Cafe for coffee and bagel, then we went to the Sports Authority and I got a nice set of clubs on sale. Regular price was $399 and we paid $249. The advertised price was $299 (a reduction of $100) but there was a price of $249 on one of the clubs so we got that price. The price included a black and pink golf bag. David has been wanting a new golf cart for a while and he got a nice one which was also on sale. His old one has two wheels and this new one is a three-wheeler... and I get to use the old one... so it works out for both of us.

I didn't have a great night last night. I spent a lot of time coughing even though I had an extra pillow under my pillow to elevate me. It didn't seem to help much and I was awake quite a bit. All this to say that we both laid down for a nap this afternoon... David on the bed and me on the couch. I was just starting to fall asleep (I don't nap very well) when there was a knock on the door. It was a couple who are staying in the park for a week and had noticed that our name sign says we are from New Brunswick. As they are originally from New Brunswick, they just came to say hi. David woke up from his nap and came out while I was talking to them. They were very nice people.

Today being Friday, it was Happy Hour at 5 o'clock so this afternoon, I made some egg salad sandwiches to share. It was pretty quiet as a lot of the people were on a three-day Las Vegas tour and we only due back later tonight. We were back home by about 7:30 pm and spent the rest of the evening watching TV.

No comments: