Monday, January 12, 2009

Appointment in Tempe and fiddling around.

David left early for golf (took the car) and as usual, I took my time getting up. I had intended to start water aerobics today but I talked myself out of it... again. So after eating breakfast I went for my daily walk around the park. I met up with my friend Micheline who was also out walking so we walked together. Micheline is from the province of Quebec. She wanted to practice her English so we walked around together talking in English... two French-speaking people. Kind of felt weird but I don't mind helping out.

When David got home it was almost lunch time. I had to go to the library but first we went to the restaurant to eat lunch then we went to the Apache Junction library to renew some books. David had a 2 o'clock appointment for the car with Tempe Saturn so he dropped me off at home after. He was getting a diagnostic test done, under warranty of course to make sure everything is working fine. I mentioned earlier that when we came home after being away for two weeks, the car battery was dead.

I was sitting outside reading when Micheline came over to let me know that the 3 o'clock exercise class had been rescheduled to 2 o'clock. She knew I wanted to go and realized I probably didn't know about the time change... which I didn't. So I quickly changed into some shorts and went over to the clubhouse for another hour of exercise. David came home around 4 pm with a clean bill of health for the car. Good.. at least it gives us peace of mind.

Around 4:30 we still didn't have any idea what we were having for supper so we jumped in the car and headed to the grocery store. We ended up having chicken on the barbeque. We are still looking for a place where we can buy fresh wild fish; I don't want farmed. We do buy frozen but the last time we bought frozen tilapia (about one month ago), the ingredients on the package said "tilapia and carbon monoxide"... what is that about?? Isn't that poisonous?? We actually ate two pieces but threw out the third piece. It just didn't seem right to eat 'carbon monoxide'... and it was from China... humans might be high on the food chain but our governments are the dumbest animal around when it comes to protecting the rest of the flock. Just because they were selling it didn't mean it was okay to eat it.

So I took my fiddle out of mothballs today. I want to start taking lessons again. I hope I can find a place close by that gives lessons. I took fiddling lessons about five years ago in New Brunswick but I haven't touched the fiddle for 3 1/2 years. I tried to tune it up so I could start practising (I still have all my sheets from my previous lessons) but a string broke. I think I will get them all replaced. It's better to start with a fresh set. We had a beautiful sunny day again today. The weather is getting warmer too. It was about 70F (21C) today.

No comments: