Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good friends and a little bit of golf makes for a great day.

Have I mentioned already how great it is to be back where the sun shines every day. Today is my older sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Paulette. Hope you have a great day! Love u lots!

Before Christmas, we started golfing every Sunday morning for fun with our friends Jim & Linda. So this morning, we were also joined by our friends Gary & Karen and made a 'sixsome'... as opposed to a 'foursome'. We went to our usual hang out Fiesta Lakes golf course; it's a 9 hole executive course. Having new clubs sure seemed to make a difference. I had quite a few nice tee offs. I only just started to golf this past summer so I'm not a very good player. But I felt like I had a good game and I enjoyed myself. And it's a nice way to spend a few hours with good friends. There's no pressure and no competition. After golf, we headed to Applebees Restaurant for a well-earned lunch and then we came back home again.
Gary, Karen, David, Lise, Linda, Jim (the Sixsome)


We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting outside reading and relaxing. The temperature was up to about 69F (20C) today. Another great day in Arizona.

No comments: