Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting new strings.

After breakfast, we went over to the clubhouse for the 9 o'clock weekly activities meeting which last an hour. David and I then got in the car and drove to Buchanan Music store on Brown Street in Mesa to have my fiddle restrung. It wasn't as expensive as I expected. That was good. On to the next stop... a sporting goods store which didn't have much in the way of running shoes. So we had to make a second stop at the Sports Authority store. Bingo! David was looking to buy a new pair of running shoes because his old shoes are a few years old and after spending two weeks in an Ottawa winter, they now had 'salt' stains on them. They looked pretty sad.

David was leaving at 2 o'oclock to play golf so when we got back home, around 1:30 pm he made himself some lunch while I went to listen to the 'jam session' on the pool patio. Every Tuesday, several people in the park who play musical instruments get together for a two-hour jam session. Don't get any ideas. I will not be attending with my fiddle. Not for a few years anyway. LOL

I came back to the motorhome around 3 pm, and although I was very tempted to take up my fiddle or just read a book, I had a few other chores to do which I did. When I was done with that, David wasn't back yet so I went for my daily walk around the park. I finished my walk around the same time David got back. We had supper then settled down to an evening of TV. We had another beautiful sunny day, same temperature as yesterday. It must be very easy to be a meterologist around here. "Today will be sunny, tomorrow will be sunny, after tomorrow will be sunny, etc. etc." LOL

No comments: