Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good food and good friends.

It rained all through the night so when we got up this morning, the ground was wet and the sky was cloudy. The sun did come out most of the day but the temperature was only as high as the mid-50s. After breakfast, David and I went for a walk around the park. After about 25 minutes David went home and I caught up with my friend Micheline who was also out walking. We finally realized that we had been walking around for an hour & a half; I think we were starting to wear out the pavement... LOL.. so we both headed home. Just before lunch, David and I decided to go to the bookstore. There was a book that I wanted to check out for our grandson Liam. Since it was close to lunch time, our first stop was the Kokobelli Cafe on Power Road for a bagel sandwich and coffee. Then we went to Borders, the bookstore at the mall also on Power Road. The book wasn't what I was looking for so we left empty-handed. Unfortunately, this seemed to be one of those days where you go store to store like you are on a milk-run. We stopped at Sprouts for licorice for David and a dessert for the potluck supper tonight. Then we stopped at Goodwill as I'm looking for a used tennis racket. I'm hoping to join a couple of ladies to play tennis (for fun & exercise). They had an old wooden racket which was in good shape but I think that would be too heavy. So we left empty-handed there too. Then we stopped at Safeway for a couple of grocery items that we couldn't get a Sprouts... and finally headed home. As I mentioned, tonight was family potluck on the patio so we headed there around 4:30 pm. and enjoyed good food and good company. Our friends Gary & Karen from the Northwest Territories who had just arrived the day before invited us over to their rig for a nightcap which topped off a very nice evening.

No comments: