Friday, December 12, 2008

The driving range and Happy Hour!

Friday morning after breakfast David and I both walked around the park for our 45 minutes of exercise. At 10 am, I went to the activities room where a bunch of ladies had gathered to colour. Yes, like you do in grade 1. We had a choice of three different pictures. I first coloured a Christmas stocking then I coloured an elf with a teddy bear. On Tuesday, during the activities meeting, we will find out which pictures get the prizes. It's all for fun and very silly and I guess that's why I participated. I like doing silly things sometimes plus I have to practice my colouring so I can keep up with my grandsons. While I was colouring, David checked out Walmart for those waist packs we are still looking for. Although they had some, he didn't buy them. They were not quite the quality we were looking for.

After lunch, we went to the driving range to hit some golf balls. It was cloudy but there was no rain in the forecast. The afternoon temperature was again in the mid-60sF (around 18C). We shared a large bag of balls and the pain in my right elbow flared up again. I think I might has strained some muscles around the elbow using weight machines at the YMCA in Chilliwack back in October. And it just won't go away. It's not really bad pain but just enough to be a bother once in a while.

At 4:30 we went to Happy Hour on the park patio. Today the park was serving a homemade turkey soup and hot turkey sandwiches with gravy as a thank you to everyone for being there. I think it's the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving but it was all very good. There was also some live country music by J.R. & Diane, also provided courtesy of the park owner. After we had eaten a bunch of us sat around the gas fire pit listening to the music and chatting while some people were inside dancing. After a very enjoyable evening, we finally came home around 9 pm.

No comments: