Monday, December 1, 2008

A little bit of golf, a little bit of cards...

We woke up to a beautiful sunny morning again. We ate breakfast at home then just puttered around. At 10 o’clock our friends Jim & Linda picked us up to go golfing. I don’t really golf but I have an old set of clubs that were given to me a few years ago. The golf course we went to is a 9-hole executive course. In my whole life, this is the third time that I have played golf. I golfed one time with David this summer in Chilliwack and once before, about five years ago.

We got home around 1 pm and hadn’t eaten yet so we decided to go out for lunch. From the restaurant we went to the grocery store then came back home again. By then, it was mid-afternoon so we sat outside on our patio to relax and read our books. Jim came over and invited us to play cards with him & Linda and another couple, John & Donna. He said to meet them in the card room in the activities building around 6:00 pm. David and I rarely play cards. He likes to play Crib though. That's his game... he and our son-in-law Marc often play 'best two out of three' when were home. Tonight we played Hand and Foot . It was the guys against the gals and unfortunately, the guys won tonight. But I still enjoyed myself. At 9:00 pm we all headed back to our own motor home. Today the temperature was again in the low 70sF.

No comments: