Friday, August 1, 2008

Wisconsin, through Minnesota to South Dakota.

We left the campground around 7:30 am this morning. It was foggy but once we got on the highway (I-90), we got out of it. We crossed into Minnesota after a couple of hours. The scenary was pretty much corn field after corn field after corn field. I didn't mind it.. much better than looking at concrete buildings. We stopped to make lunch at a road side rest area.



David checking the braking system in the car.


For the first time in my life, I saw three crop dusters today. These small planes fly very low over the crops then come out of this almost straight up then they turn around. You can imagine what came to my mind when I saw the first plane coming right at us. Tomorrow the headline in the Sioux Falls newspaper would be: "Small plane makes emergency landing on the interstate and crashes into motorhome". We didn't know it was a crop duster until he turned around and flew back over the crops. Then my heart began to slow down.

Around 4:00 pm we stopped at the Lewis & Clark Visitor Center. Don't quote me on this but I think Lewis & Clark explored the midwest and travelled the Missouri River in the early 1800s. We got some brochures for South Dakota since we are going to spend a couple of days here and also got information for a campground for tonight. We are staying at the Kennebec KOA in Kennebec, South Dakota. We travelled 467 miles today.


View of the Missouri River from the Lewis & Clark Visitor Center.


No comments: