Thursday, August 7, 2008

Catching up on laundry

For a change, I made pancakes for breakfast this morning. The last time I made pancakes is about 3 years ago and it would have been for our son Paul when he was still living at home. Then we started puttering around the motorhome. I vacuumed while David did stuff outside like trimming the bushes and trees that are too close to the motorhome. Then I went over to the office to do laundry while David went somewhere to wash the car. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get the laundry done; my own fault. I was reading my book and wasn't paying a lot of attention to the time. So the wash probably sat in the washing machine for an extra 35-40 minutes. After lunch, we went to Tim's for coffee then stopped at 3 different stores to pick up items we needed. I hate store hopping so although there was one more item we needed, there was no way I was going anywhere else. It could wait. Plus Adam finished working early so after picking up little David at daycare, he called and came over to see our new home. He never saw our first motorhome and he hadn't seen this one yet.

Little David was a little shy with us at first last night but he's gotten used to us already. We were over to Adam & Leah's again tonight. We watched the conclusion of 'So You Think You Can Dance' (Yeaah! Joshua won!) and then headed home to bed. Little David was a little shy with us the first night but tonight he was just fine. He already calls us Grandpa & Grandma. He is just like Adam was at that age. He loves his baseball cap and wears it all the time. He only takes it off at the dinner table and for bed of course. And Adam & Leah say he's a little clean freak; just as Adam was and still is. I forgot my camera but will have to get a picture of him on the blog soon.

No comments: