Thursday, July 31, 2008

Third day on the road.

David standing next to tank in Veteran's Memorial Park.


Lise and I spent some time discussing our route and decided that we were going to modify our trip somewhat by travelling further south than originally intended. By taking I-90 we would be able to travel to Rapid City, South Dakota and from there visit Mt. Rushmore. This is something we have both wanted to do for quite some time and who knows when we might come by this way again. So, we modified our maps and started off in the morning heading south along Lake Michigan and connecting up to I-90 just west of Oshkosh, Michigan. The roads were great, the traffic was light, the speed limits were moderate and the weather was summery. Lise commented that she has really liked the roads we have travelled on so far, so it looks like I’ll have to try to find more of the same. The traffic on I-90 was not as heavy as I remember I-40 being last year. Hope that holds true for the next few days as well.

We stopped at a campground near Onalaska, Wisconsin. It is the Veteran’s Memorial Park and Campground in West Salem, It doesn’t have sewer hookup at each site but it does have a dump station and for us that was good enough. The picture of the tank is in this campground. We’d definitely stay here again. We travelled 407 miles today.

No comments: