Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

We stayed home Monday morning and watched some of the Olympics on TV. I found out from Renee that my Mother had taken a fall on Saturday so I called her. She said she was coming out of the shopping mall with my sister, somehow tripped on the curb and fell on her face. Her nose was bleeding a lot but it's not broken (the hospital never even took an X-ray). Her nose is very swollen and her eyes are black otherwise she feels no pain. I'm sure it was painful at first but luckily she didn't break any bones. She is 80 years old and the bones tend to heal very slowly at that age (so I've heard). We went for a bike ride in the afternoon and rode 18.1 kilometres. After supper, we watched the baseball game and then Canadian Idol. It was a quiet day.

This morning, David walked over to the golf course next to the campground to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range while I went looking for a place to exercise. Curves doesn't allow drop-ins anymore so I checked out the YMCA. The facilities are very nice and I can drop in any time of day for a small fee. We'll see if I can get motivated for that. I would have preferred Curves because you don't have to try and figure out which machine to use. You just go in, do the circuit and you're out in 30 minutes. After lunch, we went for another bike ride. We took a different route and somehow managed to ride 18.1 kilometres again.

We've taken no pictures of Chilliwack yet so here are a couple of pictures of us with Liam we took before leaving Ottawa.




That's all for today.

No comments: