Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's getting hot

We didn't realize that it was going to be hot today until we walked over to the golf course next door. Well it's not quite 'next door'; it's about a 1/2 kilometre walk. Both David and I went to the driving range to hit a bucket of balls. The spots are in the sun so I would hit 3 or 4 balls then go sit in the shade for a minute. It didn't help that I was wearing a dark shirt and my shorts were denim jeans. And this was around 10 am. I'm not complaining; it's better than to have rain.

We decided to not ride our bikes today. After lunch, we went looking for a hair salon as I needed a colour and cut. We ended up at the Cottonwood Mall and I was able to get a walk-in appointment. Only I never asked how much it cost... until $94.00 dollars later (not including tip). It's not cheap here! In Ottawa, I can get the same thing for $60.00.

We watched the Bluejays baseball game while we ate supper. When the game was over, we put in the movie we rented a couple of days ago... Atonement starring Keira Knightly. It's not a happy movie and goes back & forth in time. It's a little weird but it was okay. From the previews, we were expecting a better movie than that.

No comments: