Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heading North through Idaho and Washington

An eventful day of driving again but sunny skies all day long. Our only stops were at rest stops to make lunch or to take a break. Since yesterday, we have been going up or down mountains and the view has been fantastic. Although I find going down a little hard on the nerves. Yikes!! LOL

I never get enough of the mountains. I loved living on the East coast and it's very pretty but the mountains of the West coast... it always takes my breath away. Pictures don't hold a candle to being there in person... but here are a few that I took.
This was one of my 'scary' moments. We are going down at about 5% grade and the road is curving to the left and then will curve to the right as we are heading towards that bridge you can just barely see the top of.



Here's a better view of the bridge as we get closer.


Now we are going on the bridge and crossing the Columbia River.


I took this picture at a rest stop. It had a great view of the mountains with snow.


And a few more pictures of our view through the windshield. Don't let the bug splats bother you. LOL

We stopped for the night at this nice little campground in Mount Vernon, Washington. We are only about 85 miles from Chilliwack. I hope the border crossing won't take too long. It will be nice to be back in Canada and close to family again. Today we drove 411 miles.

No comments: