Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our first hike.

Wednesday is hiking day so I didn't take my morning walk or get into the pool. After breakfast we just sat outside waiting for 9:30 am to arrive. Six of us from the Park headed out to the Hieroglyphic Trail which is down by Kings Ranch Road (off US-60). This is the 4th time we've done that hike (our first this winter). It's not very long (it's almost 3 miles return) but it's a steep climb. At the end, you come to a rocky area where there are petroglyphs on some of the rocks. We work our way up to longer and higher hikes as we get into better shape and this hike is considered (for us anyway) one of the easier hikes.

I forgot my camera so I'm cheating. This is a picture of the petroglyphs which I took during one of our hikes last year.


We were both feeling very tired after that hike (I'm still adjusting to the heat) and after lunch, we both laid down to nap. Or I should say, David napped and I kept trying to but I sleep lightly and noises from outside constantly woke me up. I finally got up and sat outside to read. Not long after, David joined me. He wanted some licorice so we jumped in the car and headed to Wal-Mart, about five minutes away. We also picked up some baby spinach for dinner. After dinner, we went for a walk around the Park before settling down to an evening of TV watching.

No comments: