Thursday, November 20, 2008

Golf and exercise.

Another beautiful sunny morning! I had forgotten how every day is like that here. Cloudy days are few and far between. At 8 o'clock David left to go golfing with his golf group while I started out on my 45 minute walk around the park. I had just enough time to go back home, change into my swimsuit and head for the pool for the water aerobics. I'm very glad to be doing that again. It's fun and easy exercise and it really works to keep your muscles toned. It won't be as fun when the weather gets cooler but we always jump in the hot tub after. Right now, it's not cold so I usually stay in the pool and just float around for about 15 minutes after aerobics. I came back to the motorhome to shower and dress then sat outside to read for a couple of hours. David came back from golf and he was pretty happy with his score. This group he golfs with golf every Monday and Thursday morning at two different 9 hole golf courses. He got into it last year and now really enjoys it.

About an hour after lunch, we went to our usual waterhole in Arizona, Starbucks, and sat outside with our coffee. When we got back, we went to our neighbours David and Shirley who are from Vancouver Island and sat on their patio for a couple of hours. They were also here last year so it's nice to get reacquainted and catch up on each others doings over the summer. Next thing we knew it was 4:45 pm so we walked back to our motorhome and started on dinner. Then we just watched TV until bedtime.

Sorry I don't have any pictures today but I'm going to start taking pictures around Apache Junction just to show what it looks like around here. I just have to remember to bring my camera with me. ;-0

1 comment:

Trent and Teresa said...

Hi David and Lise. My wife and I have been following you guys for a long time now. We are just a couple of years away from our fulltime adventures as well. We love reading about other Canadians that are out there already. We live in Regina, but are planning to move to Vancouver Island in the near future. We hope to visit Arizona, Texas and Mexico in the winter months. Please keep the stories and pictures coming, because we sure enjoy them. We hope our paths might cross someday, and we can thank you in person. Take care, and safe travels....sincerely, Trent and Teresa Shipley