Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 11 to 20, 2010

I don't know if I can do this without taking up too much space but, this is what we've been up to over the last 10 days:
11th - visit to Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson; with friends Art and Linda
12th - We hiked the West Pinto Trail with friends from the Resort (lots of water!)
13th - Lise and I both got haircuts; we joined Art in a 9 hole golf game at Apache Sun
14th - I had my first golf lesson to work on some of my problem areas; we have a golf instructor that has just moved into the Resort and was offering lessons; We attended the Valentine Dinner put on by Meridian ($28.00 for 2 - included performance by a rock and roll band (pretty good band too)
15th - Lise had a double header with her softball team and I went to watch and offer fan enthusiasm :-)
16th - we both had our usual Tuesday golf (9 holes), and followed that up with darts from 6:00 to 8:00 that evening
17th - Lise had a softball game and I went on a hike to Picket Post mountain along the Arizona Trail
18th - I organized a foursome for golf at Toka Sticks (18 holes); Lise stayed home and did laundry
19th - Lise had another double header softball day and I went to cheer her on again; she's doing real well and enjoys playing even more now than in the past; later we bought a new GPS to play with - the old one was becoming outdated and it was cheaper to buy a new one than download new maps
20th - Lise went to Curves today and did some shopping after; I went out golfing - it started to rain but some of us persevered and put in our 9 holes; by the time we finished the skies had cleared and we decided to play another 9 - why not :-)
In amongst all that we have still found time to watch the Olympics and have enjoyed watching our athletes perform.
So that is it in a nutshell. Every day has been great and we are enjoying this life immensely.

Lockheed SR71-A Blackbird
example of some of the planes in the graveyard - some of these can be refurbished and fly again
I think this is a B-17 Bomber - Flying Fortress
This is our West Pinto Trail hike - we crossed this stream 5 times!

No comments: