Saturday, March 7, 2009

February 21st to March 7, 2009

Wow! I can hardly believe two weeks have passed already. Who has time to blog nowadays :-)

Our friends have concluded their visit in sunny, warm Arizona and returned to the cold climate of the far north. Did I mention 'warm'? I can't remember the last time it rained. It seems every day has been sunny and warm - but who's complaining? Not me!



I never did get a picture of them while they were here to prove to folks back home that they really were enjoying the sunny south. But, I'll bet that Alma's suntan will be proof enough, right Alma? I think overall that they had a good holiday and were able to experience firsthand what winter down here is like, and the vast array (that's for Kathy to look up in the Wickepedia) of things to do here. Lise and I can both vouch for how busy we can become. With all due regard to all you people still working and stressed about how time consuming and stressful your jobs are, we can truthfully say that we are busier now than when we were working.



We've both had our fair share of golf in the last two weeks. In fact, I think it's time to slow down a bit and just golf our regular rounds. Naturally we have been out hiking - Massacre grounds last week and South Mountain (Mormon Trail) this week. Both hikes were fun and just moderately challenging which, for us, was a bit of a relief after some of our recent hikes.



We also went to see the Dutton's one evening. They are a musical family and are known for being on America's Got Talent. I believe they made it into the top ten. It was a fun evening. We went with our friends from the Yukon - actually we were their guests as a bit of a thankyou for helping them with their arrangements at this end.



We've been out biking a little more frequently lately. You can't just live on one hike a week and expect to stay in shape - or lose weight. We also went to the Cubs/Dodgers game yesterday - love watching baseball but I'd rather it was the Blue Jays :-) We also went to the annual rodeo held in Apache Junction. It was impressive, and I think the pictures captured the flavour a little bit.



Today Lise played slowpitch baseball; a fun game set up as Canadians vs Americans. We won 17 to 3. Sounds like Lise was one of the stars of the game. Some women approached her afterward and were asking if she would play baseball for them next year. Who'd have thought it!



That's it for now. Sorry I was so late in getting this out. I'll just attach some photos from our last two weeks. Cheers.


This is one of the scenic stops on our bike route

He stayed on for the full 8 seconds!
I like this one!






Lise trying to decide whether she'll get claustrophobic or not


Guess not!

This is a " enough pictures of me already" look :-)

natural tunnel about 30 feet long, caused by these fallen rocks

No comments: